Faerun's Spellplague: My Way
Tablets of Shaelis
Shadow Weave Equivalent of the Nether Scrolls that also grant some Shade - like abilities.
There are three tablets, The Tablet of Darkness, The Tablet of Shadow, and the Tablet of Night.
Each tablet grants the bearer different abilities. If multiple tablets are owned, depending on which tablets are in the character’s possession, additional abilities are also granted. If all three tablets are together, then the bearer may perform a ritual to unite them and grant the bearer god-like power.
- Tablet of Darkness
– (Ex)Grants bearer the Blind Fight feat.
– (Sp)Ability to Cast Darkness as an at-will ability.
– +3 caster level for Spells cast with Darkness domain.
- Tablet of Shadow
– Grants bearer the following feats: Shadow Weave Magic, Insidious Magic, and Pernicious Magic.
– (Sp) Plane Shift as the spell to Plane of Shadow or the Prime Material as a Spell-like ability.
- Tablet of Night
– Shadow Sight (see normally, even in magical darkness. Fog, etc, still obscures vision normally.
– Shadow Shield. +4 concealment bonus to AC in anything less than broad daylight
– (Su) Children of the Night as the SRD vampire
When both the Tablet of Darkness and the Tablet of Shadow are in a character’s possession, that character can cast 0-2nd level spells with the Darkness/Shadow domain/descriptor as a 4th Level Sorcerer and Cleric.
When the Tablet of Shadow is combined with the Tablet of Night, the character is granted access to 3-6th level spells with the Darkness/Shadow domain/descriptor as a 12th level Sorcerer and Cleric.
When the Tablet of Darkness and the Tablet of Night are in a character’s possession, the character is able to cast 7-9th level spells with the Darkness/Shadow domain/descriptor as a 17th level sorcerer and cleric.
If all three tablets are carried by a single character, that character gains +10 to spellcraft checks against spells with the darkness/shadow descriptor, and against Shadow Magic spells. Additionally, the bearer gains +10 to use Shadow Magic Device. The character does not need to have trained any ranks in either skill to use these bonuses.
A character need NOT be of a spellcasting class to cast spells granted by the tablets. The character is granted access to these spells as if they had class levels in the appropriate class.